New England Malayalee Association
DRISHYA® 2017 – Annual Talent Show and Competitions
Mono act Competition Classifications and Rules
1. Youth (14 to 17 years)
2. Junior (11 years to 13 years)
3. Sub-Junior (8 years to 10 years)
4. Kinder (5 years to 7 years)
For all categories, the act must be under 2 minutes
- The act should be in English or Malayalam language.
- No Vulgarity, political comments and religious remarks will be entertained.
- Participants can use simple props (which does not need setup time or external help) and costume to enhance the act.
- The performance should be a solo act which means no assistance from external parties will be allowed during the 2 minute performance.
- There is no restriction to the theme. It can be comic or serious in nature.
- NEMA will provide 2 microphones for the act.
- All subject matter must be appropriate for an all-ages audience.
- Contestants are not allowed to play any audio/video accompaniment for the performance.
- A buzzer will sound at the time limit and a contestant who continues the act more than 15 seconds after that will be disqualified from the competition.
- Participants should memorize the act.
- Participants must be within the age range as of January 1, 2017.
- NEMA reserves the right to request proof of age, to verify the age of the participant if needed.
The scoring is as follows:
|Dialog Delivery||30 pts|
Definitions of Judging Format
- Body Language
- Difficulty Level
- Use of space
- Dialog Delivery
- Effective Delivery
- Audience Engagement
If the participant is not ready to perform when his/her number is called, a penalty of 5 points will be applied to the score.
The winners are chosen as follows:
- If only one participant is registered for a category, no competition will be held and they can choose to compete in a higher age category.
- For a category with two or more participants, a first place winner is declared.
- For a category with three or more participants, a first place and second place winners are declared.
- For a category with five or more participants, a first place, second place and third place winners are declared.
**Judges decision is final**
Participant Certificates will be awarded to all participants on the day of the event.
Trophies/Medals and winner certificates will be awarded to all winners on the day of the event
Winners: First prize winners from each segment will be given opportunity to perform during Drishya Finale.
Questions and concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org